Friday, January 10, 2014

Twelfth semester (Fall 2013)


My Twelfth semester (Fall 2013)
The information in blackboard was wrong (old stuff let in from other classes) or missing for classes. I think the missing stuff was the teachers’ fault, the duplicate stuff I think happened because they copy old classes in blackboard to make the new classes and it copied too much.
They upgraded blackboard during the Thanksgiving weekend. This was a small pain since I had one Monday class that was not on break that week. It was a pretty big difference and now you have to click a link to see comments, that is a big draw back.
Classes:
CINS 236          Advanced Java Programming (Online)
I had this teacher before and he was not too difficult, is why I signed up for this class session. He is more concerned with you learning and passing, than forcing you to memorize everything.  It turned out this was the only advance java class (online or face to face) to run this semester. This class used a book that was not written to be a text book. Since this was an advance class we skipped over the first 7 chapters. So I need to go back and read the complete book.
This teacher runs online classes the way they should be run, a lot of the online classes are run pretty badly.
ECON 202       Microeconomics (Monday 7:00-9:45 (Elkhart))
They had the wrong text book listed for this class. Even though it was the week before the class was due to start before they let us know this, I had not bought the book. I had to run to Elkhart to buy the book.
There was not much I liked about this class including the time, location and how it was run, I will not go into detail. I will say the content of the class is interesting and everyone should try to learn a little bit about economics.

-->

No comments: