Friday, May 11, 2012

Going Back to School

I started back to school January 2010. I am studying Electrical Engineering and Computer Technology (EECT). I am going to Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana. I picked it mainly because of the cost. It also helped it is close to where I live and worked at the time. It was hard to get into at the time because the economy was so bad, that everyone was going back to school and it was at capacity. Because I had to take a placement test to get in and did not do as well in math as I had hoped I would I put off registering, so I could retake the test (the test sessions also filled up fast and missed retaking the test) so I missed the fall 2009 semester. When I registered for the spring 2010 semester I still had not retested for math so I was limited on the classes I could take. So I ended up taking classes at three different locations. They did not tell me that one of the classes at Elkhart was offsite at Goshen High School. Nowhere near where I worked, lived or even traveled by, actually it made the drive home longer.

Here is the classes needed for the associates degree

Course

Course Name

Crdt

 

FIRST SEMESTER

 

EECT 101

Intro to Electronics and Projects

3

EECT 112

Digital Fundamentals

3

IVYT 1XX

Life Skills Elective (IVYT 102)

1

MATH 136

College Algebra

3

 

 

 

 

SECOND SEMESTER

 

EECT 111

Introduction to Circuits Analysis

4

EECT 122

Digital Applications

4

MATH 137

Trigonometry w/Analytic Geometry

3

XXXX XXX

Humanities/Social & Behavioral Sciences

3

 

 

 

 

SUMMER SEMESTER

 

EECT 121

Electronics Circuit Analysis

4

EECT 221

Solid State

3

 

 

 

 

THIRD SEMESTER

 

EECT 128

Introduction To C Programming

3

EECT 211

AC Circuits Analysis

4

EECT 226

Computer Troubleshooting

3

ENGL 111

English Composition

3

COMM 101

Fundamentals of Public Speaking

3

 

 

 

 

FOURTH SEMESTER

 

EECT 222

Introduction to Microcontrollers

4

EECT 232

Advanced Computer Troubleshooting

3

EECT 279

Advanced Problem Solving

3

PHYS 101

Physics I

4

EECT 140

Networking

3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

64

 

 

No comments: