Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Third Semester

My third semester (Fall 2010)

 

Classes:

 

EECT 128 Introduction To C Programming (Mon 6:00-9:50)

Being a computer programmer I was looking forward to this class. This was the worst class ever, and the professor is no longer with Ivy Tech.  He could not hear so he could not ask questions (because he could not hear the answer) and could not hear questions when the students asked them.  I made it through the class without much of problem since I knew how to program, just not the syntax for C/C++. We used both C and C++ even though it was a C programming class. I did find some of the questions on the quizzes rather ridiculous. Like a text editor is just for editing text? He said no because you can use it to create the text (file) in the first place.  I did argue with him over the If statement and what was considered true or false.  He said it was only 1 (true) or 0 (false), I said anything not considered a 0 (false) was considered true.

 

EECT 112 Digital Fundamentals (Tues 6:00-9:50)

The professor for this class was Dave Brinkruff. He knows the stuff very well.  Being a computer programmer helped me with this class, since I have dealt with binary and hex number systems, and also complex logic for if statements. I have trouble remembering what was in digital I or digital II.  But there was plenty of homework and some of the labs where complex.  I was thankful I had a good lab partner.

 

 

MATH 136 College Algebra (Wed 6:00-8:45)

The professor was John Tracey, an ex-programmer, turned math professor.  He was entertaining and more than fair on test. After the tests were graded you could rework the questions you got wrong for half the points.  The class was fast paced, so do not expect to stay on one subject to long, but he would go over the problems as many times as needed if you had questions.

No comments: